healthy, filling milkshake made primarily with khajoor or seedless dates. It is typically prepared during the holy month of Eid or during the fasting festival season like Navaratri. While fasting, the combination of dates and milk provides the required energy and nutrients
Khajoor Milkshake, also known as Dates Milkshake, is a popular beverage among people of all ages. As a snack or meal replacement, it is a refreshing and healthy alternative to sugary drinks.
Include dates in your diet because they are a good source of calcium and other essential nutrients. They are known to lower body temperature and provide immediate energy to the body.
A great way to incorporate dates into your daily diet is with this date shake recipe.
Vegetarian, gluten-free, and low-carb, this recipe can easily be made vegan.
The dates milkshake recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to meet your needs.
- 1 banana, peeled and frozen
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (not thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Cut the banana into 1-inch-thick slices and place them in a blender.
- Add the dates, yogurt, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, ice cubes, and 3/4 cup water and blend until smooth.
- Add an additional 1/4 cup of water if the shake is too thick
- Pour into glasses, top with rows of coconut flakes, almonds, walnuts, pistachios, and sesame seeds, and serve.