For vegetarians in Ramadan, The potato cutlet’s adaptability in use is an additional benefit. It can be used to make patties for burgers and sandwiches, as well as a snack with tomato ketchup. We even go one step further and make a chaat recipe that is very similar to the aloo tikki chaat.
This iftar, to make aloo cutlet recipe despite the fact that making the aloo cutlet recipe is a cinch, we’d like to offer some advice. First, immediately remove the potatoes from the water after they have been boiled and place them on a plate. Otherwise, it might become saturated with water and moisture, making it difficult to shape. Second, before deep frying the cutlets, we coated them with breadcrumbs. Alternately, for the same reason, you can use toast powder, rava, and oats powder. Lastly, the even cooking of these cutlets when deep fried enhances their flavour. Pan-frying, on the other hand, is a healthier option that uses less oil.
- 400 gms potato boiled & grated
- ½ cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves fresh
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup all purpose flour/maida
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- Make Cutlet mixture
- Making Potato Mixture for Cutlets
- Start with grating zucchini first. Grate zucchini with larger holes of a box grater and keep it aside. You can use a food processor if you wish to.
- In a bowl add boiled potatoes, grated zucchini, and grated cheese, parsley, chilli flakes, salt, mixed herbs, black pepper, and coriander leaves. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Shaping Triangle Cutlets
- Grease your palm with some oil. On a flat surface spread the potato mixture using your fingers to flatten it.
- With the use of a knife, perfect the edges of the mixture and make a rectangular shape. Place this in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take out the mixture and with a knife cut them first into squares and then further in the middle to form triangles. Shape them in triangles as shown in the picture.
Preparing Coating for Cutlets
- First make a batter for coating the cutlets. In a bowl add maida/all purpose flour, salt, and water. Mix it well to make a thin batter.
- Dip the triangles in the coating batter. Coat it into bread crumbs nicely. shake of extra bread crumbs.
- Shallow Fry Potato cutlets
- In a pan, heat some oil. When the oil starts to smoke, carefully add the cutlets and shallow fry them.
- Flip and fry them from both sides until they are golden brown.
- When done, switch off the heat and serve with ketchup, chutney or dip of your choice.