Everyone adores cheese balls. We all have our favourite cheese balls, whether they come from a cafe, a ready-to-fry packet, or the frozen section of a deli. However, once you try these made-from-scratch potato cheese balls, you’ll never go back to buying them. Try my most popular recipe for chicken cheese balls if you like chicken.
- 200 g boiled potato
- 70 g Boiled peas/ frozen peas
- 70 g Boiled sweet corn / frozen corn
- 50 g Cheddar Cheese grated
- 10-12 Mozzarella cheese cubes
- 30 g California Walnuts chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 Green chillies chopped
- 1 Tsp parsley fresh/dried
- 2 Tbsp green chilli sauce
- 75 g Maida/ white flour
- ½ cup Panko/bread crumbs
- Oil for deep frying or air frying
- Mash boiled potatoes and add in peas, corn, grated cheese, chopped walnuts, green chillies, parsley, chilli sauce, salt and mix them well to make a tight potato dough.
- Divide potato mixture into 10 parts, make a round ball and shape into discs. For more clarity on the step watch video
- Now cut mozzarella cheese into cubes and place it in a flattened disk roll to cover as shown in video and shape into cylindrical shape.
- Now take maida/white flour into a bowl add salt, black pepper powder, mixed herb and make a thin paste with water.
- In another shallow bowl spread the Panko / bread crumbs.
- Dip the potato cheese bites in white flour/ maida batter first and roll them in panko or breadcrumbs and keep them aside. Make all potato cheese bites likewise.
- Now if you want to store them and serve later, just ziplock them in a single layer and put it inside the freezer and use as required.
- Otherwise you can just heat oil till smoking point and deep fry or Air-fry as usual.
- Serve them with tomato ketchup or dip of your choice.